Terms & Conditions, Cookies, Privacy & Accessibility
About Business Valuation Report and Lucas & Weston Ltd
Business Valuation Report (BVR) is a trading style of Lucas & Weston Ltd, whose registered address is: 16 Lower Camden Place, Bath, BA1 4JJ.
Our UK company registration number is 05113980 and our VAT number is GB 837 218 519.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 - Number Z9061406
How we collect your information
We collect information about you:
- when you fill in forms on this website, e.g. enquiring about a business for sale;
- when you request and/or purchase services from us;
- if you contact us, we make keep a record of that correspondence or communication;
How we use your information
We use your information:
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested from us;
- to allow us to improve our service offering;
- to notify you of changes to our services;
- for customer services, and
- if you have agreed to it, contact you with information about news, special offers, events or any information we think may be of interest to you. N.B. We will only use your personal data for the purposes you have permitted and we will not share it for marketing purposes outside of Lucas & Weston Ltd.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- they provide services to us, which could include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and processing credit card payments.
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Lucas & Weston Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users and customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of Lucas & Weston Ltd, our customers or others.
We only provide third parties service-providers with the personal information that we consider is necessary for them to provide their services to us. Third parties may not use the personal information provided for any other purposes. In particular, they may not use the information for their marketing purposes.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose other than for which it was originally supplied to us, we will always ask for your consent.
When you give your personal data to Lucas & Weston Ltd we will process that data in accordance with our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other relevant legislation.
All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Some of these servers may be located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We will ensure that your personal information is held subject to suitable contractual provisions and administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect it from authorised access and use. Please note, however, that whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred over the internet. Accordingly, Lucas & Weston Ltd will not be responsible for any information that you send to us electronically which is intercepted, lost, redirected, read or accessed by other parties.
Links to third parties
We may from time to time include on the Site links to other websites. We do not control the contents of those sites and will not be responsible for their privacy policies.
If you do not want to receive information from us or wish us to delete Personal Information you have submitted through the Site please send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at: Lucas & Weston Limited, 16 Lower Camden Place, Bath, BA1 5JJ.
In order to improve our website, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to in this policy as a ‘device’) from our website and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
A cookie records on your device information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited our website before). The cookies we use on our website won’t collect personally identifiable information about you and we won’t disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
We currently set the following cookies:
- Google Analytics - _utma, _utma, _utmc, and _utmz (see below for further notes on Google)
We use software called Google Analytics which is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. in order to understand how visitors to our website use the site. The Google Analytics cookies remember you from one page request to the next, for example to differentiate between ‘new’ and ‘returning’ visitors. We receive reports from Google Inc. about website usage (such as the number of visitors to our site or the number of unique page views). Google Analytics cookies do not collect personal information about you.
Accessibility is the word used to describe whether a product (for example, a website or mobile site application) can be used by people of all abilities and disabilities.
For instance, a website is accessible if all people, including disabled and elderly people, can use it. We aim to ensure that our website is as accessible as possible - this is called usability.
In keeping with our obligations under the Equality Act, we are committed to ensuring that the Lucas & Weston website is as accessible to disabled and elderly people as reasonably possible.
In order to achieve this the site has been developed in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
where possible. These guidelines have been published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
to promote accessibility.
This site makes extensive use of Stylesheets (CSS) and as such if you encounter any problems viewing our site you should upgrade to the latest version of one of the following FREE browsers:
Updating and accessing your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please contact us at email@example.com or write to Data Controller, Lucas & Weston Ltd, 16 Lower Camden Place, Bath, BA1 5JJ. We reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 towards our costs in providing you with the requested information.
For further information